Monday, November 10, 2008

Little Big Thing

With the recent announcement of NAMCO to go for the multi Next Gen Console market with Tekken; I have tried to turn my attention to other factors that would make me go either way. Of course the choices are a PS3 or an Xbox 360. Can't really afford both, so I need to choose wisely.
I've heard and read about the pros and cons on both sides; and frankly, Tekken 6 was the only driving factor for me back then. I wouldn't really care about the other games, since my kids are content with the Wii; I needed to have something for my own. As a serious gamer, I find a lack of serious titles to go on with the Wii. It's probably just the difference in game play, since the Wii is more of a family or group oriented console. I've recently tried the new NBA Live 2009 on the Wii, and I got really bored with it. I may come back to it next time, but the odd thing is that I enjoy the Monkey Ball Banana Blitz game over it.
Anyways, I've recently caught a glimpse of something that would potentially tip me back to the PS3. Aside from the recent article that I read about ease of memory upgrade for the PS3, I also got curious about the new exclusive title Little Big Planet. It's a unique and new game where you can immerse yourself in your own world. You define the rules, and you define the gameplay. This I find interesting in that it could so much fun. Aside from a very high rating from IGN, this game looks like a brand new classic in the making. I'm now convinced that I would definitely be getting a PS3 soon.

No comments: