Friday, June 26, 2009

The Day Stars Fall


I was very surprise to hear on the news yesterday that Farrah Fawcett has lost her battle with cancer. Even though it was an expected outcome in her journey, anyone would still be to shock and surprise when a star like her dies. Her's was a very public battle and struggle, and everyone was really sad about it.
I was at work when I was still thinking about Farrah and her role in Charlie's Angels; when I read on the online news that Michael Jackson was rushed to the UCLA hospital. I didn't think that it was really bad, since hearing about him being rushed to a hospital was really getting common now. A couple of hours later, I viewed the news again, and I was really shocked and nearly in tears to see that Michael Jackson has already died.
I started to get hooked on the news. I watched and read videos and articles from CNN. It was a very sureal news. I probably felt the same shock when I saw the news of the 9/11 attacks. Who would think that a legend like Michael Jackson would die so suddenly? Even his own critics were probably dumbfounded by this sad sad news.
A few people were already mourning the death of Farrah that day, and all of a sudden the king of pop is gone too. It's just a day that a couple of big stars fell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.