Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Sad Day...

My Lola, my dad's mother passed away last night.

I am very sad today. Although I wasn't very close to her since she lived in Bukidnon. Well actually, I have not been close to her since I went to college. I could never spare time to go home regularly while I was in Manila. But as a child up until I graduated from secondary school, I never missed a November-1st family reunion that we always had in Bukidnon.

I'll always remember the smile that my Lola has when she see's us brothers. I always thought that we were her favorite apo at that time.

Off course she always had a fondness for her favorite son, my dad. I know that my dad loves my Lola so much. In fact, I think he's the only child of 5 left (they were around 10 I think) that cared for her so much. With the kind of work that my dad has, he seldom has time for travels to Bukidnon; but he always finds time to keep with the tradition, and visit Lola often. In fact, I don't remember a year or occassion when my father missed visiting Lola.

I visited my Lola for the first time in so many years last April. I was happy and sad at the same time. I saw the usual smile that my Lola has when we visit her; but I was sad because she wasn't in the best of health anymore. She could not even recognize us anymore.

I brought my kids with me, and we didn't know that the first time that they would see their great grand mother was going to be the last as well.

I miss my Lola already, but I know she is in a better place now. She has sufferred long with her illness, but she is at peace now. We love you Lola. May you rest in peace and find your way into the light of God.