Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tekken 360???

I've been thinking of late to grab my very own PS3 because of 2 major factors. One factor was to have a nice Blu-ray player. As PS3 is a next generation game console, I had wanted to hop into the craze. It's been a while since I've thought of getting one for myself.
You see, I already have a Wii; but it's not really what you would call a next-gen console. Besides the kids are the ones enjoying it more than me. The games that we have are really for family fun. I tried to satisfy my thirst for fighting games with the Bleach game, but it wasn't that good for me. I am a more serious Tekken fan, and it's one of those things that make me decide to go for a console. I actually bought my second PS2 last time for Tekken 5, but eventually given it up to my siblings.
Anyways, when the news about a Tekken 6 version for the Xbox 360 came out, I was deeply saddened. The fact that Tekken has stayed exclusive with Sony's Playstations (except for Tekken GBA) has made me stick to the side of the PS3 on any argument about next-gen consoles. When they first announced that Tekken was one of the titles exclusive to the PS3, I was already bent on getting one for myself. But of course, when Namco had delays with releasing the much awaited game; I just put my plans on hold for a while.
I was already thinking of getting a PS3 a few weeks back, for the simple reason that the new Soul Caliber game came out. Of course, it came out for both the 360 and PS3; but it was a choice between Darth Vader on the PS3 and Yoda on the 360. I would pick the cool bad guy anytime.
Anyways, I guess with Tekken it's not going to be a simple choice. I'm gonna have to find more reasons to keep my choice. I'll just have to wait and see some more.

No comments: